Description: Mustang Survival Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable PFD
The Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable PFD from Mustang Survival is the premium life vest for advanced boaters.
This life jacket employs state of the art Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT) and is designed for users who are serious about their water security. The exclusive HIT deluxe model is Mustang Survival’s top of the line option.
The hydrostatic automatic technology will inflate the vest when it submerged in as little as 4 inches of water. This technology is designed for ultra-security with low hassle maintenance, and both the in water reliability and the ease of re-arming are two features that make this vest stand out from the crowd.
Unlike many other inflatable vests, the hydrostatic implementation prevents the vest from inflating when splashed, drenched, or in the rain, meaning that the reliability standard is assessed for in-water submersion. This is an excellent feature for any serious boater who knows the likelihood of getting drenched in foul weather, and wants to proceed confidently knowing his vest will not inflate prematurely.
The HIT PFD is available in tan, red, orange, pink, and carbon colors.
This is a truly incredible vest and amazing PFD. The only downside is the high price tag, but for a long term investment in safety and security, the state of the art technology beats its competitors way out of the water.
Low Maintenance and Easy Re-arming
The Automatic HIT Life Jacket is built for low-hassle maintenance. The vest is completely maintenance free for the first 5 years after purchase, after which a standard checkup is recommended.
There is an easily accessible indicator panel that shows the status of the PFD. A green indicator in the safety window confirms that the vest is properly maintained and ready for use.
Rearming the device is also easy. For a full set of instructions, watch the video below:
Features and Specifications
The Mustang Survial Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable PFD comes in a universal size with adjustable straps. It also includes the following features:
- 1F auto hydrostatic inflator technology
- Inflator is maintenance-free for 5 years from date of manufacture. Upon inflation, it is essential to inspect and re-arm your PFD before next use.
- SecureZip(TM) closure Lightweight and comfortable design
- Neoprene Comfort Collar™
- Provides 35 lb of buoyancy when inflated
- Status indicator window: green means it’s ready to go
- Cylinder is contained inside bladder to protect against corrosion
- Durable 420-Denier nylon and heavy duty polyurethane coated nylon
- Strobe light holder, safety whistle and SOLAS reflective tape on bladder
- Backup oral inflation tube
- D-ring for kill-switch attachment
US Coast Guard Approved
- USCG Type V for Commercial Use
- USCG Type II for Recreational Use
Recommended for: Boating, Sailing, Fishing, Paddle Sports, Industrial Marine, Law Enforcement, Blue Water, Brown Water
Review and Testimonials
- Great vest! I bought this vest about a year ago and have had nothing but good experiences. I even tested the autoinflation once and worked perfectly. Easy to rearm. This is the best vest I’ve ever had!
- Another good vest from Mustang Survival. My wife has the MIT and I have the HIT. I’m not sure I fully understand what makes the HIT tech different from the MIT model, but they both are very comfortable and work exceedingly well. We’re both big fans of this company.
- Good vest and comfortable. Works well and I got it rearmed in just a few minutes. A little expensive for me, I justify the price because I’m hoping it’ll last for years.
- This vest is a MUST BUY. Super comfortable and doesn’t inflate accidentally like so many other auto-inflatable vests I’ve had over the years. Well worth the price!